Hello again all!
As promised, here is a more detailed/interesting update that will hopefully include photos.
please also note, these computers are a bit different from what we are use too and I am tired so please ignore any spelling eras.
SO today was our second day in Rome and we spent it at the Vatican City. The Vatican is the smallest country in the world and only has a population of about 800 people. To me, it is also one of the most beautiful countries ever.
Once we got into the city, we got in the fast line for the Vatican Musuem. Last time I was in Rome, I didn't get to visit here so this was something that I was quite interested in. We toured through the Raphel rooms, which held many of his works, as well as the tapestry rooms which were absolutely gorgeous. I have never seen anything like them. We also got to visit the Sistine Chapel. When I entered this room I was absolutely speechless. There are no words to describe that experience. We only got to spend about 10 to 15 miuntes there which was totally not enough because the Pope decided that because some diplomats were coming that he wanted to have a special service in there with them. So while we didn't get to spend long, it was still very very VERY much worth it.
After the museum, we went to St. Peter and Paul's Basillica. This is the biggest basillica in the world and is absolutely gorgeous. I even got to bless myself with holy water that was blessed by the Pope. The Basicalla is huge I can't even begin to describe it. But I absolutely loved it and am very grateful that I got to visit there again.
After the Basicalla, We got to take a very special and sacred tour of the Scavi. Also known as the area underneath the Vatican that has been excavated and is where St.Peter's remains are believed to be. There was no picture taking allowed there but it was an amazing experience to see that.
After the Scavi we got some gelato, board the bus and came back to hotel. We were absolutely EXHAUSTED. We sat and got out feet together and then headed to dinner at a little resturant right next to our hotel. Hannah, Hillary, Abbie and I all got nice pasta dinners and also a glass of wine. There is no better way to expereince Rome than with a nice dinner. :) Hannah also got asked for her mobile number by our very cute and enthusastic waiter. All in all, it was a nice end to our last night in Rome.
Tomorrow we bored the bus and head down to Naples and Pompeii. After exploring those area we head to Sorrento and spend the night there. The next day we will hit up the Almafi Coast.
I don't know when I will be able to update again but it will hopefully be sometime soon. I also apologize for the lack of photos but these computers do not want to cooperate with me.
I hope you are enjoying reading about my expereince in Italy so far and are ready to hear some more soon! (Hopefully with pictures!)
Until I can post again!
Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment