Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Almost There!!

Welcome to my blog!

My name is Lisa and I am a Junior at McDaniel College in Westminster, Maryland. 

During the next week and a half, I will be traveling to Rome and Sicily, Italy, as part of a January Term through McDaniel. 

For those of you who don't know what a January (Jan) Term is here is a little run down: 

A Jan Term is a period of time between the Fall and Spring Semesters where students have the opportunity to take a class on campus or to travel abroad. Classes on campus as always very interesting  I know past classes have included students who play violent video games and then discuss the effects that playing those games have on others. Another class was all about puppetry, making puppets and learning how they are used. 

There is another part of Jan Term which is the studying abroad part. If students decide that they don't want to take a class on campus, they can take a class abroad. A list of off campus study tours can be found here: https://www.mcdaniel.edu/2942.htm


Well I will be going abroad to Italy and Sicily and will be doing my best to chronicle what I am doing each day on here. Pictures will hopefully be included! (This is assuming I can figure out the hotel computer... which I think I will be able to).

I'm really excited to have this wonderful opportunity to visit the area where my father's family originated from! I have been to Italy once before and was absolutely stunned by how beautiful it was and all the history behind it. I now have the chance to revisit this and more! 

Tomorrow is the beginning of my adventure! Our plane isn't leaving until Friday but I will be spending the day and night at one of my best friend's house who is also going on the trip!

Because I don't want to leave you all guessing how much I packed (some of you know I ALWAYS over-pack) here is a picture of my suitcase, carry-on, and purse all ready to go! :) 


Ignore the stuff in the background, but see, it is possible for me to pack!! And my bag only weighs 37 pounds which leaves an extra 13 pounds for souvenirs! haha! 

Well, I guess that is it. I will try to update one more time before I leave and then again once we land in Rome! 

I hope everyone is ready to join me on this spectacular journey! 

Until next time!
Lisa 

P.S: I know many of you are probably wondering about the name in my URL. Well, for those of you who don't know, my last name means glass chicken, and I couldn't think of anything else to name the URL that wasn't already used. So have a laugh and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment